Monday, December 21, 2009

Tis the Season

Today is just the beginning of my full time week here at iTOK. 8 hours. In 1 day. Doing the same thing. Mostly hanging up on answering machines. Occasionally giving Comcast customers orientations which they don't even want to begin with. Some people are fun and interesting to talk to, others are... well... not. Of course, it is the week of Christmas and those that are home (which are few and far between) are preparing for guests and don't have the time or interest to talk to me. Which is fine, its not like I blame them... I probably wouldn't want to talk to me either.
Before coming into work today, I decided to grab a book. Uncle Tom's Cabin. Never read it before it, but its a classic so I figured I probably should, especially since I own it. Why I own it, I'm not really sure. I know my Mom bought it for me along with another book or two a while back, but I can't remember why. Oh well. I hope its good.
My apartment is very decorated, and I love it. For pictures, see my facebook. Or text me, I have pictures on my phone too - but unfortunately, those aren't very good quality. I've got a super cute table setting - all items I bought for way cheap, of course. And my Mommy sent me tons of decorations and goody ingredients. So that has helped to bring the Christmas spirit despite the fact that we'll be away from family for the actual holiday.
Also, Wes and I have decided to carry out one of my most favorite traditions I did with my family as a kid - the Elves. We leave our shoes in the bathroom every night for a week before Christmas and the "elves" come and give us little goodies! Its way fun - and Wesley really seems to be enjoying it.
And, last night we had a mini-Christmas with Wes's family since they'll be leaving soon for Boise. We had a nice dinner, sang Christmas carols, and opened our family present. Instead of all of the siblings buying gifts for each other, we all pitched in to buy a Wii. So we played for a few hours last night - it was tons of fun. :)
Oh! And I'm making a wonderful dinner for Christmas! Ali gave me all of the recipes and I'm very excited to make my very own Christmas dinner in my very own place! We're saving most of our presents to open up on Christmas day as well. And hopefully, we'll be able to make it to Temple Square to see the lights; I've never seen them before and I'm excited!
My company Christmas party was awesome too - We went to Tuccanos - a Brazillian buffet place where they cut the meet off at your plate. WONDERFUL. Anyway, tons of gifts were given away - I just got a gift card to Chilis, which will make its contribution to our Christmas date (our present to each other) so it worked out quite nicely.
All in all, I'm feeling pretty good-and very grateful for my many blessings. I love the holiday season, and even though its hard to be positive sometimes, missing my family and all - I know I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Hey I am bored and lonely ALL the time and you can always text me, even when I am at work. ;)

    I'm glad you are being positive and all. I'm trying, but it isn't really working :S I think it will be better after I get off work on Thursday and head down to Bay City.

    Oh and I gave in on the elves thing too! It has been a blast and Mike loves it. Next year he says he wants to do it (I bought all the little things myself)

    Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete