Saturday, January 23, 2010

Another Move

I know, I know... Its been a while. Sorry. I've been busy.
Christmas was absolutely wonderful. Wes and I had his parents' house all to ourselves. All we did on Christmas day was cuddle by the fire and watch movies all day. Oh, and play Wii. We have truly been blessed with wonderful, loving and supportive families. We got to talk to them quite a bit too, and they were very clear about how much they missed us, but again how understanding they were about us having to stay home.
During the break from school, Wes and I were both blessed with many, many hours from work. I was working full time and Wes was getting an amazing amount of tips (it being the holidays and all). It was painfully monotonous for me, but very very worth it.
Since then school has started up, as has my internship. I have MUCH fewer work hours (22), but about 12 with my internship, along with 14 credit hours of school. As I said, I've been pretty busy to say the least.
Oh, and on top of that, we're moving! Yes, again. It will be the 5th time since we got married. We've decided to move back in with Wes's parents for a few months before we leave for the summer to do installs. We debated for a long time about whether or not we should really do it again, but after about 4 lead techs and 1 or 2 owners have taken Wes out to dinner to basically beg him to go out again... He's been able to lay down many of the rules. I, for example, WILL have a job. And rent, WILL be cheaper. AND he'll be moving up on the pay scale by $10/install even though he didn't meet the quota for being able to do so. He's pretty much one of THE best installers they had and even though it was his first year, he had fewer service tickets on his jobs than pretty much anyone else. We don't know where we're going yet, but we're going. A friend of his got a back end check of 6 grand last and when we left last year, Wes had MORE installs than him.... So the hope is that we're able to save money, pay off our debts, bring up our credit, and put a nice down payment on a home when we get back. We've done a little research on houses, and the price range we've been looking for would allow lower mortgage payments than what we've been renting for... So it seems pretty worth it. We'll see how it goes.
Oh, we celebrated our One-Year Anniversary last Saturday. It was great. We didn't do anything big - just went out to eat at the restaurant we went to on the day of our wedding exactly a year before. We just spent of the rest of the night together. And alone. Which is rare for us.
Wesley is almost finished with his Eagle Talon is well. It is now in paint and all the parts have been paid for. It looks AMAZING. His teacher decided on the spot to enter it into a car show (he sad it was the best paint job that has come out all school year), and Wes is 1 of 4 from his program that are going to do a painting competition. He has tons of pictures up on his facebook if you haven't checked it out yet.

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was a LONG blog. I hate doing blog catch-up. I always feel that no one will want to sit down and read the whole thing. But I read yours, just so you know. :D

    Love you

    ReplyDelete