Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving til now.

Thanksgiving had to have been the most amazing thing that has happened to me in the last few months. It was beautiful. The break, the family, the food.. Ah, the memories. :)
I didn't have any school on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday... And no work on those days either. I was originally supposed to work on Wednesday, but apparently, very few people want to get installed with Comcast during Thanksgiving break, so... there was nobody to call. That night we went over to Wes's parents house, played games and brought his little sister, Charlee how to sleep at our house.
I woke up early the next morning to make some side dishes for the big meal. Then we had a Ruggles' brunch at a restaurant across the street from our apartment (planned by those who don't know where we lived). When we showed up with our skateboards, everyone got a good kick out of it.
Right after that, we went to Wes's parents house where we had an amazing dinner and a fun little "murder mystery" with Wes's Uncle John and his family. The story was a little odd, to say that least but... it was pretty fun.
That night we went over to my Aunt Teresa's for pie and to visit them and my Uncle Ray and his family. We watched a movie with the other cousins, and it was also really fun!
We stayed at his parent's house that night and woke up at 4 AM to go find a Wii system and games for his family's big present. Instead of buying gifts for each other, we're all pitching in toward a Wii. So we split up Friday morning to divide and conquer. We got everything we wanted. Later that day we went to our second Thanksgiving dinner at Keri's place in Provo. That was amazing too, of course. Unfortunately Wes had to leave early and go to work, so I just got a ride home with Brian.
Since then we've found out that we will not be able to go anywhere for Christmas. Not Oklahoma, not Texas, not Idaho, not anywhere but here. It was hard to accept at first, I miss my family and I don't know when I'll be able to see them again. But then again, Wes and I need to stay and work. Besides, people tip better around Christmas... so hopefully that'll help. :) We'll be able to have our first married Christmas with just each other. I decided that I am going to decorate like crazy and make a big and wonderful dinner. I bought some super cute Christmas place mats on Black Friday for 60% off. I think I'm going to buy some $1/yard material for the table cloth and some dollar general for some pretty and cheap plates and stuff. Only problem is... I have no idea what to make! Any suggestions?! I need all I can get.
Anyhow, Wes is loving his job (most days), he loves the interaction he gets to have with so many people. I am currently looking for a new job... They're doing cut backs here and even though my boss said he wants to keep me, it doesn't mean that he can... And we can't afford me losing my job now. Not to mention, I'm getting pretty tired of it. Its quite redundant.
That's about it for now. Seems like all of my posts end up crazy long, so I apologize to those who read them.

No comments:

Post a Comment