Thursday, November 20, 2014

I completely forgot!

I don't know where my head has been lately, but I've been awful forgetful!
Like journaling, for example.
I also forgot to do an online class my lender requires - we went through it once for Wes, but I apparently needed to do it too.  I started it WEEKS ago, and then completely forgot.  Until today, when I was going through my email to find my parents' flight itinerary (they're coming to visit for Thanksgiving, which I have NOT forgotten, lol).  The stupid class cost us $50, and I would have had to pay again in a few days if I hadn't run into it today.  Sheesh!
The last week or so has been pretty weird.  We got about 6 inches of snow last Thursday/Friday... which is a lot of snow for this area anyway - but also really early in the year.  We've already dipped into negative temperatures (at night)! And believe it or not, I've actually been enjoying it.  This is the first year since I've lived in Idaho/Utah where I have been genuinely excited by the snow.  Which is strange, considering it makes my already dreadful commute to work at least 3x worse. And causes my husband to be virtually non-existent around the house due to his 14-16 hour work days.
Poor guy is exhausted.  And I'm officially getting bored waiting for him to come home. Eating dinner alone is no fun.  Watching Gilmore Girls isn't so bad.  I've been working on Christmas presents for my family and I have gotten quite a bit done.  I still need to finish Mom's and Dad's before they get here on Saturday though. We'll see how late Wes gets home tonight...
Oh!  I also started acupuncture.  Like, real - full body - acupuncture.  It feels pretty awesome.  I finally found a place that's reasonably priced.  It is still costing us over $100/mo, but I think it'll be worth it.  Especially if it helps me get pregnant, without all the chemicals and hormones.  She said that my body has a pulse (not like the heart rate, but something else in Chinese Medicine) that is really faint which means something is blocking my Chi (ok, so not actually my "chi," but something similar, and I can't remember what it's called), or, I have some kind of deficiency.  Acupuncture is supposed to increase your body's ability to heal itself.  You start out with more frequent treatments (I'm doing 2x/wk right now), and gradually decrease.  But it's surprisingly relaxing - I don't know if I'll be able to give it up!  You aren't supposed to do it when you're pregnant though, so we'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment