Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Yay!  2 weeks in a row.  I'm on a roll!
Believe it or not, this is really impressive for me.  I have a lot going on right now!  Here's what I mean:
Last night, we had a family from our ward over for dinner and games.  
Tonight, we have ward missionary correlation meeting.  And hopefully, we'll be doing some touch up painting (no, we haven't finished it yet). 
Tomorrow, I'm going visiting teaching.  And possibly more touch up painting.
Thursday and Friday are still open - so one of those days, I'll have to go shopping for my Halloween costume because...
Saturday, we have the ward Trunk-Or-Treat.  And we're bringing a soup.
Then next week we are doing a Halloween dinner party on Thursday (the day before Halloween).  I'm sure I'll spend most of the week making decorations and preparing food... I plan to make a 5 course meal... after working all day. 
Fyew.

Fortunately its a little slow at work today so I have some time to write.  I work for St Luke's Idaho Cardiology in a call center.  I'm basically on the phone all day - making appts, getting insurance authorizations, getting messages to the nurse for patients... that kind of thing.  Not my favorite job, but it pays well and is fairly secure. St Luke's is a good company to work for.  The worst part is probably the commute.  It's really only about 20 miles, but the traffic is horrific (especially right now, since they're doing construction).  Lately, its been taking me about an hour to commute each way.  It takes a conscious effort to remain calm and positive during the drive.  Sometimes it feels like it takes all of my energy, and leaves me nothing.  Truth be told, I'm counting down the days until I no longer have to work.
We are working hard to get out of debt.  At least out of credit card debt... And eventually, our car.  By then, we should be able to live on just Wes's income. 
Lately we've talked about starting foster care.  In which case, we would be receive some money from the state, so we could afford for me to drop down to part time.  Of course, this all depends on the age of the child.  If we end up fostering a child younger than school-age, I would like to be able to stay home.  Even though they would cover day care costs... 
I don't know.  There are so many variables.  We'll have to wait and see how it goes.  We plan to look more into it in January and then we'll start the classes and home study, etc.  We may decide against fostering, and use the home study to adopt... It's a tough choice.  

No comments:

Post a Comment