Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Winding down

Last week was hectic and this week hasn't been too much better.  But the Halloween party is on Thursday, so I can take a quick breath after that.  Not long though, because I have several other projects lined up.  I'll be making some invitations for my nephews' birthday party.  Ali is planning a "lego police man" party.  I'm pretty excited about the invitations - I think they're going to turn out really cute!  I'm just on the search for lego scrapbook paper.  I know I've seen it before... now if I could just remember where...
Also, I need to be working on the Relief Society Activity for November.  I know that we're doing crafts, and I think I decided that we're going to make Christmas trees out of cones.  At first, we were just going to do a spoon tree or a string tree or a paper tree... but I found this:


Being our first Christmas as a young married couple, we don't have many Christmas decorations. Just one little fake tree that I had from college, and the ornaments we bought after Christmas last ye...

on pinterest and I felt the need to open the doors for personal creativity.  Apparently our ward doesn't get a great turnout for these activities - so I'm planning to set up a table outside of the Relief Society room with examples and a big fat poster.  Oh, and handouts too.  And I'm hoping to have this done by Sunday.  We'll see.
After that, I will be frantically trying to complete Christmas gifts.  I offered for my family to choose their own gifts and I would make them. I'm hoping to have my parents and Jen's family's presents done by the time by parents come for Thanksgiving so they can bring them back and I can save myself some shipping!  They'll be here in less than a month!  I can't even believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment