So it turns out, we're staying here for the summer. Its a big relief to me because I had been worrying about what to do for work. I can hardly stand mine anymore and truth be told, its stressing me out. Its no longer as secure as it used to be and I just can't handle it anymore. I checked some job sites, and it looks like there are plenty of people hiring around now so I'm going to apply to those... As soon as I can get ahead on my school work. Things have been hectic the last week or two, so hopefully here before I long I can focus some more energy toward getting a new job.
Wesley has been working at our mechanic's shop here lately. Some of the money is going straight to his Eagle Talon so that we can get it up and running and on the road - the truck guzzles gas and with only one vehicle and horrifyingly different schedule, its been an adventure to make sure everyone is where they need to be when they need to be there. It has equaled several trips back and forth from Pleasant Grove to Orem every single day. The mechanic shop is expanding soon and they've already asked Wesley to stay on when it happens. Right now he's just helping them get ready for the expansion, and doing whatever extra they need done around the shop. I guess they're talking tonight (quite possibly this very minute) about him going ahead and starting permanently...right now. That would be an amazing blessing... I would easily be able to let go of some hours and take a breather... At least for a few weeks. We plan to stay here at his parents house at least up through the summer. The goal is to both have full time jobs over the summer so that we can get some debt paid off and start saving up for a down payment. Wouldn't that be wonderful to pay off all our debt and get into a house/town home of our own with a $400 mortgage and the ability to save EVERYTHING else. Its a beautiful plan. I sure hope it works...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Kudos to you guys! I can promise you that getting into those budgeting habits, becoming debt-free, and learning to save regularly are much easier to adopt together early in your marriage. I've found that if you can eliminate or keep financial stress relatively low in a marriage, you'll be so much happier as a couple. We'll keep our fingers crossed for you and Wesley and finding new jobs!
ReplyDeleteThanks! :D
ReplyDelete