Thursday, April 15, 2010

End Of Semester

I'm wrapping up most of my school work for the semester. Today is my last class for the week, and my second presentation. I've been pretty worried about whether or not my group would ready because, well, I had a sucky one that didn't meet any deadlines or anything... leaving 2 out of 7 of us to do most of the work. I ended up having to send out an email threatening to kick people out. It was horrible. I get that people are busy, but so am I...
Next week is my last week of classes and I have one more paper, another paper/presentation, and one easy cheesy tests. Finals week will be a breeze. I only have two tests, and neither are cumulative. One is in the testing center, and the other is online. I'm excited for another semester, but I had a couple classes I'm really going to miss.
I have had 3 different job interviews with another coming very soon. The first one told me they really interested, but I never heard back. The second company actually offered me the job- but I decided I'd rather vacation over the summer than be committed to only having 3 days off ALL summer (besides Sundays). I just had the 3rd one yesterday and its at the Institute of Cognitive Therapy - I'd really like the job, and the interview basically consisted of finding out my availability, and I have a feeling other people well have a better chance than me... Oh well. The fourth is at Platinum for a boring filing job. But it'd be WAY closer than where I'm driving to now, and it sounds like it'll be pretty flexible too...roughly the same pay. So we'll see how that goes. But I DO have my internship again this summer, and I get to use it for school credit!
Wesley is still working for the mechanics shop and loving it. His bosses love him and tell him everyday. We both really think he'll be with the company for a long time. They said they're willing to get him certified so that he can help out more around the shop (with tires, oil changes, etc... even though he's pretty much figured out how to do all that) and get paid more. :) They're really understanding and they pay him whenever we need it. Not to mention, he gets school credit for it. I'm really proud of him... He's working so hard, which make things a ton easier on me! I rarely work all of my hours... I'm only working 15-18 hours a week, and I love it!
AND, in roughly 7 months, we're going to be Aunt Natalie and Uncle Wes! I'm so excited for Ali, she's been wanting a baby for FOREVER now. She's going to make a great mommy.
Speaking of babies, Wesley and I got called to the nursery and we have a lot of fun in there. It gives us a reason to stay all three hours... ha!

The End. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment