Sunday, November 21, 2010

Apartment Pictures + Update

Ok, Ok. I know. I said I would post pictures of our new apartment quite some time ago. But as many of you already know, I'm a busy girl! But here they are -



Above is the kitchen. I had to step outside of our front door to take this picture. You can see a little bit of the doorway which looks quite gross, possibly never cleaned... and one day, I will get to that. You can't see from the picture, but there is no baseboard on the right wall and yet again, pretty dirty. I don't think any amount of cleaning on my part will fix that problem though. Oh, and the sink... The piping is messed up underneath and it leaks really bad. We have yet to tell our landlords, instead we just use the left side. One day we'll get around to telling them, lol. The refrigerator door tends to open by itself when you don't close it hard enough and the burners on our stove aren't quite level. But storage is great! We have more than enough room!


And our pantry. I absolutely love it! Nothing to complain about here except our vacuum doesn't quite fit... That was pretty disappointing. You can see the front door to the right and our lovely kitchen [card] table to the left.

I also love our bathroom. Its small, but big enough. The linoleum needs replacing, but our bath mats cover most of it so it isn't a big concern... I never thought that being small would be a plus for a bathroom! Once again, the storage is wonderful. And as you can see in the mirror, we have our awesome jungle shower curtain that I love! There's no back to our shower so we had to go and buy another liner. The shower head is so low that even I have to kneel to rinse out my hair. The window sill is pretty gross here too (as are all of them throughout the entire apartment) - and one day, when I have time... That will be cleaned.


And our living room! Its pretty big, but we were surprised that we were able to fit everything. We went from a decently sized 2 bedroom apartment to a decently sized one bedroom. The only thing in that whole living room that we actually paid for, is the bean bag. As you can see, we have plenty of seating, and as usual, we throw lots of game nights and "parties." We did not choose the color of the walls and at first, I absolutely hated it. I don't think it is quite as bad anymore, though I am saving up to buy some decorations to tie it in better... not that any of it matches anyway. Ha.

And my desk! We picked this up for free too... They were just going to throw it away! I don't use it all that much, but its super nice to have and to store all my scholastic stuffs. Oh, and those doors are to the landlord's storage rooms and laundry room. We have washer/dryer hook ups in there, but they aren't much good when we don't have a washer and dryer of our own. We also have our tent and cooler tucked back in there too between the desk and wall. Resourceful, I know.

All in all, its a little bit ghetto... But cheap. And we understand that you get what you pay for. I actually like all the little quirks! There's something to be said about having our own place again... I like to know where everything is and know that it is all mine. :)

1 comment: