Sorry its been so long! My life has been even more hectic, and with the job I have now I'm not able to get online and post blogs!
In case anyone was wondering, I did take the job at Platinum Protection. And BOY am I glad that I did. I really actually enjoy it (I do a little bit more than just file...but not much). It doesn't take a lot of brain power, I LOVE the people that I work with, and I can listen to books at the same time. Never has there been a day that went buy without my supervisor (and now good friend) offering my compliments... About anything, work related or not. She's great. If I go to work in a bad mood, I can usually count on someone there to cheer me up. PLUS, I have weekends off!
Summer semester has come and gone. I was able to get my internship requirement for graduation taken care of. I nearly cried on my last day... I love that place. I love the kids, the other teachers, the whole organization. I was asked several times to just stay - apparently they really liked me... they thought I worked well with the children. Now I'm afraid that if I see in of the kids in public, they won't recognize me. I just know I'll cry if that happens... I miss them. :( But on the plus side, it sounds like there is a possibility of working there after I get my bachelors in the Spring! Oh.. I hope, I hope, I hope!
Wesley still isn't getting paid (Its been 4 months now, I think). How we have been getting by on just my income, I have no idea. We have had to ask for some help a time or two... but that's really it. He sold the Talon to help pay the bills... And whereas he was sad, the pain is quickly fading as he is working on a new project... A 1937 Hudson Terreplane.
It is one of 500ish that were made, and it is complete. We bought it with our loan money on his birthday and spent the day in Idaho Falls... It was the perfect day and the perfect project for him.
He is still looking for another job as well as volunteering at the other shop for the sake of experience. He has had lots of interviews, but no luck.
School started last week and I am STRESSED. I am caught up on all of my homework and reading and everything through NEXT Wednesday, but I still can't shake the stress - and its affecting my body poorly. My immunity is down and I can feel it. I don't know why it is affecting me like this now when I couldn't care less before. What happened to that happy medium?! Maybe its because I've been seriously debating on grad school. I found a program that will allow me to get a Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy, and in School Counseling (which are the two careers I've been debating lately) in about 3 years. THAT'S 2 MASTERS DEGREES!!!
Anyhow, I have another class here soon and I still need to eat. Hopefully this update will satisfy some of the requests I've received.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment